Tuesday 14 April 2015

My new blog...

Back in early 2011 I decided to start a Doctor Who blog. The main reason was that I had so much information rattling around in my brain that I thought it was high time I set it down somewhere. Friends had asked why I had never written a book. Well, books have only so many pages - unless you want to run to numerous volumes. (The trouble with Who is that it also continues to be produced, so any guide books soon find themselves out of date). A blog seemed like a far more sensible idea, and I am glad to say that tardismusings.blogspot.co.uk is doing quite nicely for itself.

Recently I have found myself in a similar situation when it comes to my principal non-Doctor Who interest - history. I have a passion for the subject (in general) but with particular favoured eras and subjects. I have always been especially fascinated by the history that is quite literally under my feet - that of the place where I live. This blog will feature London and its environs prominently. But I don't want it to be just dates, battles, Kings & Queens. That would bore me as much you - though they will inevitably feature. Expect, therefore, legend and folklore as well - and not a few ghosts. Whoever was it that said 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story'...?

No comments:

Post a Comment